Friday, July 20, 2012

Floral Embossed Background

Today I am sharing a quick post to show a quick easy technique to create an awesome background.  Sparkle N Sprinkle’s 2 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific Tape", Super Adhesive Sheets, Sticker Paper, and their amazing choices of glitter and embossing powders, along with a simple piece of lace are all you need.


For my card I used a pieced of sticker paper, but all of the adhesives listed above can be used since they can all handle the heat of embossing.  I remove the top protective layer and laid the lace on top of it.  Then I used the protective layer to help press down the lace firmly.  I covered the whole piece with Cayenne Star EP, tapped off the excess, and gently removed the lace.  I heat set the embossing powder and when it had cooled I covered the entire sheet with Tuscan Sun EP.   Once again I shook off the excess and heat set.  I do like to use the protective layer to press the EP’s into the sticker paper each time to help it stick real good.  You can do this same technique with glitters or even a combination of EP’s and glitters.  Head over to SNS’s Tips and Techniques section to read more on this technique here and here. 

The sentiment on this card is Single Flower, embossed with Cayenne Star EP in the center of the Flourish Oval Frame.  I added a single Swirl Butterfly and some black pearl swirls for embellishment.  You can go here in my gallery to get full details on how to make this card. 

Check out my post, You're An Original, to see another sample of this technique, along with the sketch for this month’s Sketch Challenge.  You have until the end of July to enter, but don’t wait too long.  July is flying by!! 

See you again soon, 

E. Marie


This card is entered in the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge 26 – Swirls and Lace
Corrosive Challenge #153 – Sentimentally  Yours 
Creative Card Crew Challenge #15 – Black Card Stock
Lexis Creations Challenge #69 – For A Friend  
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge PWC215 – Bling It On!! 
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge PPMC48 – Embossing  
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #172 – Wings and Bling     

6 comments:

Elle said...

love the technique. Your card looks great. Thanks for joining CCC for our current challenge.

Sandra H said...

Marie, this is gorgeous and thank you for sharing it, xx

Ani said...

Your card is very elegant! Thanks for playing along at CCC! Hugs, Ani

Regan said...

Wonderful card! Love the bling! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for "Sentimentally Yours"! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Brenda said...

I sometimes forget to do that tech inquest with EPs and I really do love the look and feel of it. Thanks for the reminder.

Crafteezee said...

Thanks for sharing this technique. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
Hugs Tracy x